« Le bateau lavoir»
Planning to install several boats laundry on Armançon river, the city council decided February 16, 1906, to make a first down at the dock of Saussis.
The mayor and the architect will then travel to Chalon-sur-Saône washhouse where boats are in service.
On his return, the town council opts for a model designed for 20 washers, proposed the establishment Favre Brothers manufacturer to Chalon-sur-Saône. Its width is 3 m instead of 2.50 m standard format for making more spacious toilets.
The boat wash is transported by boat on the Burgundy Canal to the port of Venarey-Les Laumes. It is equipped with a space for washing clothes, another to dry. The building dates from 1906 and is fir oak.
It is a browsing laundry. It is one of the last existing in Burgundy. Restoration works are carried out in 2006 as part of an integration project. It is now based on the bank.
Source : Conseil régional de Bourgogne – Service Patrimoine et Inventaire